Success in most things is simple, but not easy. The 5 steps below are truly simple, but each requires effort to accomplish.
If you want to help others and make a difference in the world, you deserve to make a great living at the same time. Being passionate about relationships is just the tip of the iceberg.
If the path to a successful relationship coaching business seems daunting to you, you’re not alone! The key to making a good living helping others is to have a solid plan for a successful business as a relationship coach, and it can be broken down into these 5 simple steps:
STEP 1: BELIEVE IN YOURSELF
Believe you can and you’re halfway there. — Theodore Roosevelt
Being humble is good, but if you don’t have confidence in yourself your potential clients won’t either and your coaching business will never get off the ground.
Whatever you want to do, being successful requires the right mindset. This is especially important for a coach because your clients will only get the results they desire if they believe in themselves and your ability to help them. If you perceive you aren’t able to help your clients, you pretty much surely can’t.
So ask yourself:
• Am I confident in my ability to help my clients and build a successful business?
• If not, what do I need to build my self-confidence? Training? Mentoring? Experience?
• Am I willing to stretch my comfort level and put myself out there?
• Am I willing to learn and grow?
• Am I open to change and possibility?
• Am I willing to persevere through challenges?
• Am I willing to take risks?
Nothing happens in the comfort zone. No one ins born a relationship coach. Mindset rewiring is important – when you believe in yourself and your abilities, half the battle is won.
STEP 2: DEVELOP INTUITIVE SKILLS
Coaching is a profession, an art and science that requires training to learn. Training takes time and mentoring by skilled instructors. Reading books or watching videos isn’t enough. You can’t acquire professional skills without live mentoring and practice.
This may seem obvious, but it’s sometimes overlooked. You will wash out pretty quickly if you don’t hone your intuitive skills needed to effectively to help your clients make the shifts needed to reach their goals.
Beware of these two traps:
- “I don’t need coach training… I’m a people person Those who are drawn to the coaching profession often feel they were born to help others. Do people naturally come to you for advice or help? Do you feel compelled to help when others are in a crisis or need a shoulder to cry on?
These are great indicators that you could be a great relationship coach, but likely what you’ve been doing to help others isn’t coaching at all. The great thing is that if you’ve been helpful to people without professional training, you will be amazed at what you can do with some real coaching skills.
2. Seeking the quickest, cheapest coach training
Too often people look for shortcuts and are fleeced by those willing to oblige. Have you seen ads like this?
“Become a certified coach in a weekend, only $99.00!”
Is that bargain training really a bargain? If you want to be a successful relationship coach, be sure to get credible, authentic relationship coach training. And at DARCI, we teach you techniques to intuitively connect with your higher consciousness – not found anywhere else most probably.
STEP 3: CREATE A ROCK-SOLID BUSINESS BLUEPRINT
Let’s face it – if you’re like most, you’re passionate about helping people with their relationships – not creating and running a business. Marketing, sales, and other business skills can be intimidating and are probably the LAST thing you want to do.
But business is not as scary as it sounds. You just need to:
• Clearly – and with excitement – picture your ideal relationship coaching business
• Create a Business Plan that provides you that very business.
• Get the mentoring and support you need to be successful.
When you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Without a solid plan you will waste valuable time, money, and energy and ensure struggle and failure. With our mindset module at DARCI, we spend more than a week focusing on coming up with he right business mindset and plan for your business. We also have a 2 week module on running the business – all aspects of it from marketing to sales.
STEP 4: TELL THE WORLD ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS
Aah – the dreaded “M” word: Marketing! Marketing isn’t really that difficult, but it can feel impossible if you don’t know where to start. The truth is, if you can’t attract clients, you won’t have a successful business.
The key to a successful business is to clearly and effectively communicate what you do to a qualified target audience. People must immediately understand what you do and how you can help them.
Here are three keys to effective marketing:
1. Clearly define your niche. All effective marketing is niche marketing.
2. Get to know your niche. Doing so allows you to effectively design your marketing and services specially targeted at them.
3. Implement marketing activities that effectively reaches your niche and generates prospects.
STEP 5: YOUR DARCI SUPPORT COMMUNITY
Every successful individual knows that his or her achievement depends on a community of persons working together. – Paul Ryan
No one is successful alone. You can accomplish anything with the right support. True?
Many new coaches struggle because, while they want to be hired for providing support, they don’t get the support they need. If you were to attempt to hone your coaching skills and create and run your business all by yourself, you would need to have the skills and the time to:
• Coordinate your calendar
• Design and implement a website
• Discover which tools to use
• Market your business
The list goes on forever. There are THOUSANDS of things you need to do to run a successful business. I say this not to intimidate you, but to EMPOWER you with this simple statement:
You Are Not Alone
It’s common to think that you must do everything yourself, but that simply isn’t true. The path to success is to surround yourself with the people and resources you need to be successful.
And let me tell you this – at DARCI, we have all that covered for you.We created DARCI because there was nothing out there that showed a complete beginner how to start their own profitable relationship coaching business from scratch.We filled that void, and in extreme detail so remember you are not alone.
So these are the 5 Simple Steps to Guarantee Your Success as a Relationship Coach:
1. Believe in Yourself
2. Develop Intuitive Skills
3. Create a Rock-Solid Business Blueprint
4. Tell the World about your Business
5. Your DARCI Support Community
The good thing is – all you need to do is to have a good start on #1. We can help you with the rest! Message me today to find out how you can become a DARCI Coach.